Saturday, August 20, 2011

More Favorites


The Swedish painter, Anders Zorn, and  Danish painter, P.S. Krøyer, are two more artists that I love. The dynamic light and color used in their paintings is so inspiring to me. Here are some of my favorite works from these two masters.

"Hip Hip Hurrah!"  P.S. Krøyer. My dad often references the woman in the white dress from this painting when discussing appropriate color usage for white cloth. 


"The Waltz"Anders Zorn. This masterpiece is one of my all time favorites. I LOVE this painting. "The Waltz" can be viewed at the historic Biltmore Estate in Asheville North Carolina. The painting is great in a book or on your computer screen, but to see it in person is truly amazing.


I have always enjoyed reading about Kroyer and Zorn, but have recently become reinvested in studying their works. Both men painted during the industrial revolution at the turn of the 20th century. Because I am currently working on some paintings of industry and machinery, I have needed to explore paintings involving this subject matter.

Here are two examples of paintings inspired by industry
"Fra Burmeister & Wains Jernstøberi" P.S. Krøyer

"Baking the Bread" Anders Zorn




No comments:

Post a Comment